Monday, December 12, 2011

Amazon to push update to Fire software soon.

While I have not really experienced any of the issues that people have been complaining about, other than having to reboot the device because of WiFi problems on a single occasion, which was probably caused by one of the apps that I had installed on the device anyhow, it is nice to see that there is going to be a software update to the firmware of the fire.

The only thing I am looking forward to seeing if they fixed is the ability to choose your own input device, so that we can install Swype on our devices with out needing to root them.

The update should be automatic, and is scheduled to go out over the next 2 weeks or so. I would advise you to keep your WiFi on when you are within range at home so that you can get the new update.

3 comments:

  1. I'd want to express my gratitude for the time and effort you put into producing this article. I'm looking for more of the same from you in the future. In fact, your inventive writing skills have motivated me to create my own BlogEngine site.
    stepchange dro

    ReplyDelete