Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where did the files I downloaded to my Kindle Fire go?

The menu system seems pretty easy to navigate around on the Kindle Fire. Perhaps too easy at times. When I realized that I wanted to continue reading a PDF file that I had downloaded directly to my Fire from a website, I could not for the life of me figure out where the folders were for me to find this file.

I ended up redownloading the file to continue reading it. But again, I wanted to continue with this file.

Fear not. You can easily get to your downloaded files rather easily. It does not seem to make complete sense to me why it is set up this way, but what you need to do is open the web browser, then click on the little bar of paper icon (that's the best that I can describe it) found on the bottom black bar. There you will find a link to your downloads, that you will be able to access, with out having to download that file every time you want to access it.


23 comments:

  1. I have also found an easy way to do this is to email yourself the file to your send to kindle address. Then the pdf will show up in your kindle docs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this is how i usually send PDF files to my kindle fire now.

      Delete
  2. Can anyone help? I've been trying to watch viooz movies on my kindle fire and it keeps saying plug in not supported. Is there a way round to watch this site as the movies are so new and great . Many thanks tebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. change the website view to mobile view on your silk browser

      Delete
  3. change the website view to mobile view on your silk browser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i cant find my downloads. Yesterday all fine, but today that button in “little bar of paper icon” disappeared. Hepl, please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upper left hand corner there are 3 lines next to your web tab. looks like a stack of paper :) Click on that and it opens up a tab which shows history, etc and downloads is one of them. I used to be able to see it in the same button on the bottom however something must have updated and changed the location. Hope this helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this! I subscribe to a weekly menu which I pay for and I haven't been able to view it for three months!!!

      Delete
    2. Many thanks, your suggestion helped me find my downloads.

      Delete
    3. best hint tip, thanks a million!

      Delete
  6. Thanks everyone, couldn't for the life of me figure it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found my downloads, but when I tap one to open it it just says "cannot open". Why won't it let me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I ask how do I take videos on my kindlefire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I downloaded the Epson radio app but when I tried to access the download, I was informed that the Kindle del does not support music in that format. Is there any way to change this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I can always get into my downloads, but I just can't figure out how to back out of the downloads. Every time I have to shut down my kindle, just to get out of the download that I was looking at... PLEASE HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the help. It's always amazing to me how frustrating things become simple when explained.

    ReplyDelete